In 1899, the Minnesota Iron Company built a hospital for its employees at the Fayal, Genoa, and Auburn Mines. It was located on the corner of Fayal Road and Fayal Avenue. The superintendent of the Fayal at this time G. W. Wallace, and Dr. H. E. Harwood was the company doctor. Dr. Frederick Barret assisted at the hospital. The newly built hospital was very modern for its day. It had a spacious reception room and office, modern operating and drug rooms, and a basement with a kitchen, dining room, and nurses quarters.
The first floor had a ward for men and a ward for women. The second floor had apartments for the steward and the assisting physician.
The building later became the Fayal Apartments. On Sunday, September 6, 1964, the building, which had been empty for several years, was burned. The rest of the former Fabiola Hospital was torn down and in 1967 was divided into lots and sold. The first home to be built there was for the William Bonach family.
Sources: History of Eveleth, Minnesota by Margaret More and the souvenir booklet for Eveleth's 75th Anniverary