Free access to Eveleth history offers a fascinating glimpse into the past! More issues are being digitized on the Minnesota Historical Society's website as time and resources allow. Please consider donating to help with this valuable project!
Access the online newspapers here.
- When you click on Search for Newspapers, use the filters on the left to refine the results. Clicking on Subject-City and checking the box next to Eveleth will display only newspapers from Eveleth.
- To search for specific terms, click on Search at the top of the screen. For example, if you search for "hockey," there should be seven issues of Eveleth newspapers in the results.
- If you don't find results in Eveleth newspapers, try adding "Eveleth" to your search terms and use filters to search newspapers in other cities. If you use the Subject-County filter, checking the box next to St. Louis County will bring up newspapers from Duluth, Tower, Virginia, and Eveleth.
- If you search for specific terms, the words should be highlighted when you open an issue.
- Try using variations of your search terms if you aren't finding results. Northside Park, for example, might appear as "North Side Park." Names might be abbreviated, such as Chas. for Charles or Wm. for William.
- Use the + and - buttons on the bottom to zoom in and out.
- For other instructions, click on the Help button at the top of the screen. Once you open the Help page, double-click on the sections with a blue book icon to expand the menu.
We are seeking donations to pay for digitizing more newspapers that fill in the gaps from the years listed above. Please contact us if you are willing and able to donate towards this important project.